Second Grade Perks: Christmas in July Day 6 and Classroom Pics

Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Christmas in July Day 6 and Classroom Pics

So if you remember on Sunday I said I was going to my class to finish up getting it ready for a new year. I FINALLY FINISHED!! After 21 hours in one week and the help of most of my family members I am all set for my new kiddos. Man I hope I don't have to change rooms again. I wanted to share a few {ok, ok a lot} of pics of the final look.

I made crate seats this year and it ended up only costing me $8. I already had the crates. My grandmother sews and had the foam cushions, and my dad had the wood and cut it for me to fit my crates. I only had to buy spray paint which I would not suggest doing because it does not go on the plastic crates very well at all. They look awesome from a distance but up close....not so much. The kids will love them anyway so it's all good!

 
I found this wrapping paper at the dollar store and had to use it for something so I made an awning for my cafe board.......... (notice the right side...I worked on this side for an hour and it was not cooperating)


And used it for background paper on my daily calendar routine board.


This is our work on writing station and who hasn't seen the awesome "I can write a...." setup?


 
My desk area



Wish I could afford a new rug and rocker to go with my new bright theme.  Rugs are not cheap though! Can I get an AMEN?!?!



If you look you can find my hubby giving the double thumbs up because he had been there for 7 hours that day and was pumped to be going home. Now I'll admit I could stay in my room decorating for a week straight but I know for him it was pretty miserable so I owe him BIG TIME!


Also, today is the final day of the Christmas in July sale {insert sad face}


For this final day of the sale all of my holiday themed centers will be 20% off. Click on any of the links or pictures to download more preview pictures and details.

 



Boo to You October Activity Packet You can read my blog post about this item {HERE}




Happy Fall To All Math and Literacy Centers



 
It's Snowing Common Core {Math and Literacy Centers} You can read my blog post about this item {HERE}



 
Since it is the last day of this big sale you can't take the risk of not checking out these other ladies and seeing what they have to offer today!
 



9 comments:

  1. Your room looks fabulous! All your time and energy has paid off. When do you start back? I am itching to get into my room. My to do list is growing by the minute!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your toom. Your boards are so cute. I need to go up to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is so cute...now I must head to the dollar store to see if we have cute wrapping paper! Your husband is so sweet...I don't think I could pay mine to come to school to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your room, wish I could get in to mine! We're not allowed back in until August 12th and we have students starting on the 20th. Four of the days in between are all scheduled trainings and meetings! Did you try backing that awning with popsicle sticks or cardstock to straighten out that extra curl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teachers go back here on the 5th and students return on the 8th. We have meetings on the 5th, 6th, and 7th and then our day to work in our room is the 9th. The day after students return. Isn't that crazy! For my awning I cut tubes from the wrapping paper roll and hot glued them. I'm not sure why that side wouldn't cooperate with me.

      Delete
  5. Your room looks great! It's so colorful and fun. I have similar colors :) I am jealous of all of your wall space! I always forget that wrapping paper would be great for bulletin boards! Thanks so much for linking up!!
    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is so cute! Thanks so much for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your calendar looks awesome! Where did you get your bird calendar template from? I've been looking for one like that forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from a store called The Learning Circle. Not sure if they have those everywhere or just in my city though.

      Delete