Second Grade Perks: Halloween's A Brewin' In Our Room

Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween's A Brewin' In Our Room

I am sure that Halloween is full force in all classrooms right now. I had to share some pics of what my kiddos have been up to for this spooky holiday. First we did a pumpkin character book project. They had to read a book on their level and create a character from their book from a pumpkin. I have to say they came out pretty darn cute.




Then we have been using my Boo To You Halloween Packet from TPT. Here are some of the games from it we played:

Part of Speech Sort

Web of Facts Addition Game

 
Cupcake ABC Order (please excuse the blur)

 
Haunted Verb Tense

 
Also included is this haunted house craftivity that can pretty much be used for anything. We used it for common and proper nouns since that is what we are studying.
 

 
This by far was my favorite thing we did from my packet. I wrote a story about a cat (included) and after we read it the kids wrote their own story about a cat they made up. They had a candy rubric to go by. So if they had all capital letters correctly they got tootsie rolls, etc. Included are directions and a template to make this cute cat treat holder. When they were out of the room I read their stories and filled their treat holders.
 




We also wrote about a witch crash and made this adorable witch craftivity that I bought on TPT. Notice the lovely banner I made with my Cameo.


 
Everything in my TPT store is on sale through the 31st. You can get my Boo To You packet for just $5.20 right now. I know Halloween is tomorrow but it's never too early to start stocking up for next year!

1 comment: