Second Grade Perks: Monday Made It Dry Erase Calendar

Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It Dry Erase Calendar

I saw the cutest DIY dry erase calendar on Pinterest and just had to make one for myself. Now if you know me at all you know I have not one artistic bone in my body, so while my calendar is not nearly as neat as the one I saw I was pretty darn proud of myself. Here is what my finished product looked like:


I am so angry that it was crooked on the wall when I took this. I didn't even notice until I just uploaded the picture now. So anywho here is what I did:

I first bought all of the supplies which are fabric, a frame ($ store) skinny ribbon for the date boxes and a small piece of thick ribbon to write the name of the month on, and some fabric flowers to cutesy it up. You will also need scrapbook letters for the days of the week. Notice mine are not in the picture because I forgot them and had to go back to the store.


Next, I measured across and divided by 7 to know how big I could make each box.


With my size frame I could have 1-1/2 inch boxes so I put my tape measure down and put a level on top to make sure I was even across and not slanted. I taped a very small spot of each ribbon down at the 1-1/2 inch mark so it wouldn't slide before I could hot glue it. I alos taped down the tape measure so it wouldn't slide on me.


Make sure you lay your thick ribbon in its place to make sure you leave room for it to be glued on at the end.

I then repeated these same steps for the ribbon going the opposite direction.


Last, I hot glued the ribbon down along with the thick ribbon for the name of the month and added my fabric flowers and came out with my finished product. Don't laugh y'all. I know for a teacher I have the worst handwriting right!?!?


So that's my Monday Made It. Now, I'm praying I don't go into my classroom next week and find it on the floor where it didn't stay on the wall.



Don't forget about my facebook free product surprise! Read all about that {HERE}. It starts today. You don't want to miss it!



6 comments:

  1. Your calendar is so cute! I might just have to add this to my list. Thanks for the Facebook freebie!

    Jessica
    Wild & Fun in Pre-K

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute calendar! I actually went the lazy way and bought a $10 dry erase calendar at the store.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out pretty cute! Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cute idea! I am your newest follower...I can't wait to read more!

    Bobbi
    Bitty Bilinguals

    ReplyDelete