Second Grade Perks: Telling Time and Author's Purpose

Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Telling Time and Author's Purpose

On Monday I had to throw in one more main idea lesson. I uploaded the revised version of Amy Lemon's main idea pack and found this little gem so we had to use it.
Students sorted supporting details that went with the appropriate main idea.

 
We also started author's purpose this week so we read Where the Wild Things Are and wrote about how the author entertained us. You can get these templates {HERE}for free.

We started time in math so we made suns with the clock numbers and skip counted by fives and wrote that number under the ray. This came from my time packet that you can see {HERE}. I have to admit it makes me proud when I see them pull these babies out to use them during our math block. This picture would not rotate for some reason.



We made a big clock with index cards and sentence strips. I Had each kid show me a time and we checked them all together.


 Here's a picture I snapped of somebody using their sun clock for help. Yay!


I also wanted to review double digit subtraction so we played this scoot game that you can get {HERE} for free.


Quick question for my blogging buddies. Do you have people writing strange comments on your blog posts about loans? I had about 12 comments on one post from different people about getting loans. Not sure how that happened or how to keep it from happening again. Any suggestions??

Romans 8:31

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment