Second Grade Perks: Reviewing for "The Big Test"

Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Reviewing for "The Big Test"

I'm sure it's almost that time for everyone........testing days!! Ours are coming up in about 2 weeks and I wanted a way to review EVERYTHING with my kids. We all do right?!?! So I came up with math tasks for each of the standards.

I made them with 9 per page so I could put them on a ring and stick in a math center for review.


I also made them 2 per page so my students could show their work on the page.


I even put them up on our projector some days and have them first work it alone then share how they got their answer with their group. I have each group pick the paper that they feel showed their answer the best way and I put that paper on the projector and have that student explain their answer to the class. This way each student sees their own answer, the three answers from their group members and several more examples from other groups giving them a chance to see multiple ways to arrive at the same answer. We use accountable talk in my class (Read more about that {HERE} and get my free posters), so this is a great way to incorporate that.

So, if you are looking for a way to review all of your 2nd grade math standards before your state test make sure you check out Common Core Math Tasks!



1 comment:

  1. The new set looks great Heather! We have just started the big review! I like that there is room to show work and an option for a center.

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete