Second Grade Perks: Word of the Day and Owl Posters

Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Word of the Day and Owl Posters

So I am totally into owls right now and am working on creating and owl themed classroom. I created posters to hang up for next year for the months, days of the week, and numbers. I can't wait to get these printed, laminated, and hung on my walls. You can purchase all of these posters at my TPT store here. Here are some samples.



I am also going to sell them as individual sets as well in case you don't need all three.

Another thing I am super excited to start next year is my vocabulary word a day. I created a mini poster for each word of the day that includes definition, part of speech, antonym, and synonym that I will post in my morning meeting area each day. We will have a new word Monday through Thursday and be tested on Friday (along with our reading series vocab words). I also created homework pages for all words, review pages, tests, and a parent letter explaining the tests and homework that will be coming home. It took a while but I finally got all 4 nine weeks complete. There are almost 300 pages included and you can pick it up here. Here are some samples of what all is included.









I don't know about your reading series vocab words but the words my series uses are way too easy, so I wanted more of a challenge. I am even going to let mine spell them on our weekly spelling tests for extra credit.

Don't forget to pick up your free set of owl supply labels and focus wall posters at my TPT store.

3 comments:

  1. I think doing a vocabulary word a day is brilliant!! I love that idea!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owls are adorable! Our vocabulary words that go with our reading series are ridiculously easy too! Love the idea of having the challenge option and tying it in with spelling! We are your newest followers! If you have time we would live for you to check us out at wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com
    Thanks!!
    Lisen & Katie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome pack.I’m your newest follower. Please check out my blog if you get a chance. Calling Plays in 2nd Grade. I will be visiting your TPT store also.

    Shanell

    ReplyDelete