Second Grade Perks: Reading Center

Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Reading Center

So I have been hard at work decorating my classroom for next year. I know, a little early. I had to share a picture of my new "jungle" reading center. I made a huge tree for the corner and attached tissue paper flowers. I had a "Bananas about Reading" banner and some grass and jungle animal cut outs that I attached around the floor. I also had a leopard rug and matching chair. The sad thing is I used to have so many leopard print pillows and lamps that I could have used and sold them all in yard sales. I know now to keep every thing. You never know when you might be able to use it. So here is the picture:



I know the parts of speech bulletin board doesn't really go, but it was already there.

We also now have 15 butterflies. The kids were so excited when we got to school and they had started coming out of their chrysalises.



Update on my next TPT packet. I am working on a vocabulary word of the day for all 4 nine weeks. I know this one is going to take awhile, but I'm super excited about it. It will have a mini poster for each word, vocabulary tests for the end of each week, and homework.

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is super cute! And I love the leopard....you can never go wrong with animal prints I always say ;)!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your tree! I wish I was that ready for next year!! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete