Second Grade Perks: Teaching Text Features and Neat Guided Reading Tool

Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Teaching Text Features and Neat Guided Reading Tool

If you are teaching text features you should show your students this video {HERE}. It is the cutest little song to the SpongeBob tune. It also has this adorable mini poster to go with it.

In my previous posts I explained how I do guided reading and guided math in my room. I discovered these awesome finger lights that the kids use to follow along while we read in our small groups. It really helps me because I have them whisper read as I listen so I can tell right where they are when I start to listen to them. Let me tell ya......they LOVE these things. I was the coolest teacher after introducing these today. The best thing about them is the fact that I got 40 for only $6 from Amazon.




We have also been working on sequencing and wrote about how to build a snowman. I have seen this cute craft floating around Pinterest and always wanted to use it so I figured what better time than now!




Hope it is warm where you are. We were at ZERO degrees on the way to school this morning. BRRRRRR!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment