Second Grade Perks: Tasty Tuesday (on a Wednesday) and Focus Wall

Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tasty Tuesday (on a Wednesday) and Focus Wall

I hope the weather is as beautiful where you are as it is here. Well, today we did Tasty Tuesday on a Wednesday. If you have not heard about Tasty Tuesday from Sunny Days you have to check it out. It is a yearlong writing program that ties in recipes and review writing. The recipes are so simple and it is set up where you get the parents to send in the things you need and pick up the photos you take that will be turned into their Tasty Tuesday cookbook at the end of the year. I know I have posted about this before but I had to share some photos from our Oreo Truffles covered in sprinkles we made today. The kids absolutely LOVE when we do this. I even bought my students an apron and had Mrs. Perkins' Chef stitched on.


 
I also wanted to share what I am doing with focus walls this year. I have a reading and a math focus wall. I put up posters for what we are covering that week. This year I decided to let my kids be more involved in it. For example, when we did character, setting, and plot I had them draw the posters to go up. I picked the ones that were struggling with the concept to be the little artists. This is such a simple idea so I am sure most of you have already done something similar. Some I still use my premade posters just because I love them!
 
Happy Hump Day!!
 
 

1 comment: