Second Grade Perks: Poetry, Fall Centers, and a MUCH BETTER WEEK!!!

Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Poetry, Fall Centers, and a MUCH BETTER WEEK!!!

First of all I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone single person that posted a comment on my previous post. You all mean so much to me and I was overwhelmed to hear all of your positive words. I have been so happy knowing that you all do enjoy my posts and I am absolutely not giving up blogging.

As for school news does anyone else have to give the SAT-10 test this year?? It is similar to T-CAP (for the upper grades) and is a 3-day 2 hour test. Poor babies! I feel so bad giving my little ones this test. The bad thing is that this is only the pretest and we have to take it again in May. Because of this I have been taking it light with classwork this week and we have focused on poetry. A great idea I got from Pinterest was the OUCH poems. We came up with what makes us say ouch and wrote them on our "Band-Aids." Here are how they came out.


 
Next, we studied acrostic poems. I decided to use the word fall and the word autumn for my more advanced students. Then we used the scarecrow template to "cutesy" it up. I adore these and my kids did such an amazing job. Click here to get the template. There is a color version and black and white.
 
 




 
And speaking of fall don't forget to check out my Happy Fall To All Math and Literacy Centers. It is on sale 15% off until Friday. Click on the picture to pick yours up! Happy Wednesday!!
 



 

 
 
 

2 comments: