Second Grade Perks: Main Idea and Supporting Details

Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Main Idea and Supporting Details

This week we have been working on main idea and supporting details. I wrote a story (that is included in my Main Idea packet for tpt that I am working on). We read the story and then my little ones made these super cute monkeys and bananas. They wrote the main idea on the monkey's belly or tail and wrote 4 supporting details on the bunch of bananas. I cut out a tree from butcher paper and attached the monkeys and bananas to the branches.






 We also made main idea and supporting detail rain clouds. They wrote the main idea on the cloud and 4 supporting details on the raindrops and attached with blue yarn.





Don't forget to enter my cause and effect giveaway. Just leave me a comment that you follow my blog AND my tpt store to enter. Leave a post on your blog about my giveaway and comment to tell me along with a link to the post for double entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment